Monday, July 2, 2012

JulNoWriMo

It's July and that means that it is time for JulNoWriMo!  Let me just say that this will be my first time attempting to write 50K words in 1 month, and let me tell you that it seems daunting.

For those who don't know about JulNoWriMo it is a competition to see if you can write 50K novel in one month.  The JulNoWriMo stands for July Novel Writing Month.  The webpage is http://julnowrimo.com/.  
The home page says:
     Welcome to the July Novel Writing Month web site! Your goal, should you choose to accept it, is to write 50,000+ words during the month of July. Do you have the courage and the drive to attempt such a feat?
     If you love to write and NaNoWriMo just isn't enough insanity for one year, please consider joining us in July! To sign-up, just head over to the forums and register a username.
      We also have our own Twitter account and a user-runchannel on YouTube - feel free to follow both to keep up with any announcements and tips from other participants as they attempt to win!
     Confused? If you have no idea what in the world I was just rambling on about, please visit this dandy page right here. It should help answer most of your questions. Good luck!
      Happy writing,
            Robert Watson

Sounds inviting doesn't it, so go on there and sign up, try writing a novel.  It isn't too hard, just start typing today.  You have 30 days (including today) to write your heart out. I will be doing it, so find me on there!  I'm PurplePenguin.

I will be writing about different ways to stay on track this month with writing, and I'll be giving little writing tips that are sure to help with any kind of writing.

Sorry that this is short.  It's Monday and I've been unpacking all day, give me a little break.

Tell me what you're planning on writing.  Do you have any ideas?  If you need any help at all feel free to email me at eliza.a.gallagher@gmail.com and I'll try to help you to the best of my ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment